It is World Lion Day but the lion buzz on the Internet remains firmly focused on Cecil the lion.
If you haven’t been following the news, Walter Palmer (dental jerk-off with a million dollar smile) is now on the lam after hunting and incidentally killing a “celebrity” lion. The public backlash was quick and brutal. Predictably, the situation also swiftly spawned a ton of “Cecil the Lion” memorial items you can purchase to show you really care.
I’ve rounded up my favorite Etsy items from sellers looking to capitalize below.
- A “Never Forget” shirt – you won’t, won’t you?
- An “I Am Cecil” tee
- Temporary Cecil tattoos
- An anti-dentist luggage tag
- Justice for Cecil car decals
- Vintage Cecil the lion classroom flashcards
- Rafki holding Palmer’s head t-shirt – yikes
- “Cecil the Lion” sticky notes
- A “Digitally Drawn” throw pillow – from a design perspective – this person gave no eff’s.
- A “Cecil Lives!” Christmas ornament – because you’ll still care come Christmas.