You will be responsible for developing user interfaces for websites and apps, applying your creativity, knowledge in intuitive user interactions and skills in the latest frontend coding standards.
Your day-to-day tasks will include wireframing, storyboarding, coding HTML / CSS, user testing and collaborating with strategists, backend developers, and graphic designers to achieve a high level of quality and the signature creativity that defines us.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and work under the leadership of a Strategist on each project.
- Expert level of HTML5 and CSS. You must be able to create clean, standards-based code that meets section 508 accessibility requirements. You must understand cross-browser support and concepts such as graceful degradation. You must be up-to-date with responsive development and utilizing media queries to accommodate a variety of device resolutions.
- Expert grasp of user interface design fundamentals. You frequently read sources such as A List Apart and Smashing Magazine to stay up-to-date on the latest trends. You use tools like Sass, Grunt and version control to optimize your workflow. You giggle like a schoolgirl when playing with great interfaces.
- A creative design eye and ability to come up with unique solutions to interface problems to not only make user interactions as intuitive as possible, but also inject a “WOW” factor. You are also a member of the creative team and will frequently participate in idea generation and brainstorming.
- Strong communication skills. You will be an integral collaborator in the process and will be forced to interact frequently with a variety of personality types. UX is the glue that holds everything together on a web project.
Other Desirable Skills
- Graphic arts / design skills and knowing your way around Photoshop
- Familiarity with Wordpress and Drupal 7
- Basic understanding of backend programming fundamentals such as OOP (Object-oriented programming). It’s always good to be able to talk shop with the development team
How to Apply
Send resume to email@example.com